The TU833 MTU can have up to 16 I/O channels and two process voltage connections. Each channel has two I/O connections and one ZP connection. The process voltage can be connected to two individually isolated groups. Each group has a 6.3 A fuse. The maximum rated voltage is 50 V and maximum rated current is 2 A per channel. It is recommended that the fuse rating be chosen to meet the applications needs, see S800 I/O Getting Started chapter Power and Cooling.
The MTU distributes the ModuleBus to the I/O module and to the next MTU. It also generates the correct address to the I/O module by shifting the outgoing position ignals to the next MTU.
The MTU can be mounted on a standard DIN rail. It has a mechanical latch that locks the MTU to the DIN rail.
Features and benefits
- Complete installation of I/O modules using 3-wire connections, fuses and field power distribution.
- Up to 16 channels of field signals and process power connections.
- Connections to ModuleBus and I/O modules.
- Mechanical keying prevents insertion of the wrong I/O module.
- Latching device to DIN rail for grounding.
- DIN rail mounting.
- Spring-case terminal.