The AI820 Analog Input Module has 4 differential, bipolar current/voltage inputs. Each channel can be either a voltage or current input. The current inputs can withstand an accidental maximum normal mode 30 V d.c. connection. To protect the current input circuit against dangerous input levels, that is, by accidentally connecting a 24 V source, the resistor rating of the 250W current sense resistors is about 5 Watts. This is intended only to temporarily protect one channel at a time.
The module distributes the external transmitter supply to each channel. This adds a simple connection (with extended MTUs) to distribute the supply to external 2 wire transmitters. There is no current limiting on the transmitter power terminals.
All 4 channels are isolated from the ModuleBus in one group. Power to the input stages is converted from the 24 V on the ModuleBus.
Features and benefits
- 4 channels for -20...+20 mA, 0...20 mA, 4...20 mA, -10...+10 V, 0...10 V, 2...10 V, -5...+5 V, 0...5 V, 1...5 V d.c. bipolar differential inputs
- One group of 4 channels isolated from ground
- 14 Bit resolution plus sign
- Input shunt resistors protected to 30 V d.c.
- The input withstand HART communication