The DI830 is a 16 channel 24 V d.c. digital input module for the S800 I/O. The input voltage range is 18 to 30 V d.c. and the input current is 6 mA at 24 V d.c. Each input channel consists of current limiting components, EMC protection components, input state indication LED and optical isolation barrier. The module cyclically performs self-diagnostics. Module diagnostics include:
- Process power supply supervision (results in a module warning, if detected).
- Event queue full.
- Time synchronization missing.
The input signals can be digitally filtered. The filter time can be set in the range 0 to 100 ms. This means that pulses shorter than the filter time are filtered out and pulses longer than specified filter time get through the filter.
Features and benefits
- 16 channels for 24 V d.c. inputs with current sinking
- 2 isolated groups of 8 channels with voltage supervision
- Input status indicators
- Sequence of event (SOE) functionality
- Shutter filter