The AI845 Analog Input Module for single or redundant applications. The module has 8 channels. Each channel can be either a voltage or current input when MTU TU844 or TU845 is used, when other MTUs are used all channels become voltage or current inputs.
The voltage and current input is able to withstand an overvoltage or undervoltage of at least 11 V d.c. The input resistance for voltage input is greater than 10 M ohm and the input resistance for current input is 250 ohm.
The module distributes the external HART compatible transmitter supply to each channel. This adds a simple connection to distribute the supply to 2-wire or 3-wire transmitters. The transmitter power is supervised and current limited.
Features and benefits
- 8 channels for 0...20 mA, 4...20 mA, 0...5 V or 1...5 V d.c., single ended unipolar inputs
- Single or redundant operation
- 1 group of 8 channels isolated from ground
- 12 Bit resolution
- Current limited transmitter supply per channel
- Advanced on-board diagnostics
- HART pass-through communication