The TU847 is a module termination unit (MTU) for redundant configuration of the field communication interface CI840/CI840A. The MTU is a passive unit having connections for power supply, electrical ModuleBus, two CI840/CI840A and two rotary switches for station address (0 to 99) settings. A ModuleBus Optical Port TB842 can be connected to TU847 via TB806.
Four mechanical keys, two for each position, are used to configured the MTU for the right types of modules. Each key has six positions, which gives a total number of 36 different configurations. TU846/TU847 needs space to the left in order to be removed. Cannot be replaced with power applied. TU847 is also available in a G3 compliant version (TU847Z).
Features and benefits
• Power supply connection.
• Two PROFIBUS connections.
• Two service tool connections.
• Two rotary switch for station address setting.
• ModuleBus connections.
• Connector for ModuleBus Optical Port.
• Mechanical keying prevents insertion of the wrong module type.
• Latching device to DIN rail for locking and grounding.
• DIN rail mounted.