Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
GIS880 a Generic I/O Module for High Integrity. Certified for SIL3. Use as single or redundant.
Features and benefits
- Distribution of process I/O data between the SCMs and the FCI
- Mechanical locking slider which turns off the power supplies before removal
- Supports hot swap
- Mechanical keying to prevent insertion of wrong module type
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- Certified for SIL3
- LED indicators:
- Status (S)
- Primary (P)
- Hardware error supervision
- Communication supervision
- Internal power supervision