The AI843 Thermocouple/mV Input Module provides 8 differential input channels for Thermocouple/mV measurements. Measurement ranges configurable per channel are: -30 mV to +75 mV linear, or TC Types B, C, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T and U. A separate Pt100 channel is used for “Cold Junction” (ambient) temperature measurements, thus serving as CJ-channel for Ch. 1...8.
The junction temperature may be measured locally on the MTUs screw terminals, or on a connection unit distant form the device. Alternatively, a fix junction temperature for the module may be set by the user (as parameter) or a junction temperature set by the application.
Features and benefits
- 8 differential input channels for thermocouple/mV
- Single or redundant operation
- A separate channel is used as CJ-channel (4-wire Pt100 RTD)
- Variety of thermocouples with the following characteristics: B, C, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T and U
- 16 Bit resolution (A/D converter)
- Inputs are monitored for wire-break open-circuit