The TU813 is a 8 channel 250 V compact module termination unit (MTU) for the S800 I/O. The TU813 has three rows of crimp snap-in connectors for field signals and process power connections.
The MTU is a passive unit used for connection of the field wiring to the I/O modules. It also contains a part of the ModuleBus.
The maximum rated voltage is 250 V and maximum rated current is 3 A per channel. The MTU distributes the ModuleBus to the I/O module and to the next MTU. It also generates the correct address to the I/O module by shifting the outgoing position signals to the next MTU.
Two mechanical keys are used to configure the MTU for different types of I/O modules. This is only a mechanical configuration and it does not affect the functionality of the MTU or the I/O module. Each key has six positions, which gives a total number of 36 different configurations.
Features and benefits
- Compact installation of I/O modules.
- Up to 8 isolated channels of field signal connections with crimped snap-in connectors.
- Connections to ModuleBus and I/O modules.
- Mechanical keying prevents insertion of the wrong I/O module.
- Latching device to DIN rail for grounding.
- DIN rail mounting.