NE871 is an industrial router which also acts as a firewall. The router/firewall can be utilized to segment a system in to network areas and also security zones. NE871 is primarily intended to connect a client server network to a plant network or to a DMZ (demilitarized zone).
The concept of security zoning is described in IEC 62443. In short, security zoning is a method to segment a system into zones with different security levels. A security level is complied with by implementing a combination of security countermeasures. The reason why it potentially could make sense to divide a system into security zones, which comply with different security levels, could be that the risk for different parts of the system varies. Another could be that the impact of a potential incident varies.
NE871 supports RNRP (Redundant Network Routing Protocol), which enables 800xA to have two physically separate networks, and thereby avoid single point of failure.
Features and benefits
• NE871 has redundant power supply and alarm function
• Wide operating voltage range (16 VDC to 60 VDC)
• Back end holds a casted DIN-clip for stable mounting on a DIN-rail.
• Digital IO for monitoring
• Console port for management using CLI
• USB port for easy save and load system configuration
• 3 x RJ-45 Ethernet 1000BaseTX connectors
• Status LEDs