Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget.
The TUS810K02 Select I/O Modular Termination Unit (MTU), for Intrinsically safe (IS) applications, hosts Generic I/O modules (GIOs) and up to 16 Signal Conditioning Modules (SCMs) which completes a single I/O unit. When using the TUS810K02 for IS applications, the Power Injection Terminal Blocks are removed and replaced with empty slot protectors.There is self-learning coding on the FTBs that gets set upon the initial insertion of an SCM so that if an SCM is replaced, only the same type of SCM can be inserted. To insert another type of SCM, the coding can be reset manually. The MTU also has coding for the GIO, so that it can only be replaced with the same type of GIO.
TUS810K02 includes the DIN-rail mountable TUS810 MTU, 16 pcs FTB890 IS Field Termination Blocks, 2 pcs of TL820 Empty Slot Protectors and 1 pcs of TUC810 Terminal Cover. Mounting on vertical DIN-rail.
Features and benefits
- Two slots for connection of Generic I/O modules (GIO).
- 16 slots for connection of Signal Conditioning Modules (SCM).
- For intrinsically safe usage, TL820 has to be inserted into the PTB slots (included in TUS810K02)
- Two Modulebus connectors, one in and one out.
- One slot for connection of a grounding bar (GTB).
- DIN rail mounted. 2 locking devices to lock the MTU to the DIN rail.
- Slots for screw lugs (optional, for harsh high vibration environment).
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- Prepared for intrinsically safe usage by the components included in TUS810K02