Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single-channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
The DOS885 is a Digital Output (24V / 3A) Signal Conditioning Module for use in High Integrity applications (certified for SIL3) supporting 2-wire devices such as solenoids, horns, and beacons.
Features and benefits
- Digital output for 2-wire field devices
- 24 V/3 A current sourcing
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- Certified for Functional safety
- Field power sourced from the power injection
- Short circuit proof, electronically current limited to 3 A
- Built-in inductive load suppression, free-wheeling diode
- Galvanic isolation
- Protected against wrong wiring
- Loop supervision (open circuit and short circuit)
- Hardware error supervision
- Communication supervision
- Internal power supervision
- Power injection supervision
- Single loop granularity - each SCM handles a single channel
- Supports hot swap
- Mechanical locking slider which turns off field device power and/or output before removal.
- Field disconnect function which can galvanically separate the field loop wiring from the SCM during commissioning and maintenance.
- All SCMs have electronic current limitation
- Mechanical keying to prevent insertion of wrong module type after commissioning.
- 24V DC powered through Modulebus
- Configurable through parameters
- LED indicators on the SCM indicate the operational state of the module
- Certified for SIL3